Troubleshooting steps for solving cable and broadband issues.
- Check the cable if properly connected to the RF input of the digital box.
- Go to your TV settings and check if the TV source, input, or AV is in the correct mode depending on where you plugged the digibox.
- It could be that your Source setting is incorrect.
- Remove the Smart Card from the digibox and wipe the Gold Chip with a dry cloth.
- Insert back the Smart Card and turn on your digibox again.
These steps explain the possible causes and troubleshooting steps that may help resolve the No Internet Connection issue.
- Check if the cable modem's "Cable" or "Online" LED is steady ON.
- If it is OFF or blinking, make sure that the Coaxial and Power cable at the back of the cable modem are properly connected.
- If it is still OFF or just keeps blinking, please contact SKYbroadband Support for further assistance.
- If it turns ON but is still unable to connect to the Internet, please continue on following the steps below.
- Check if there's any loose connection or damaged cable from the modem to the affected computer and/or third-party router. Replace cables if necessary.
- Restart the third party router and/or the affected computer/device. If you're connecting through WiFi, make sure that the computer's WiFi adapter is enabled and the physical WiFi switch is turned ON.
Note: If you're using a third-party router, please try connecting the affected computer directly to the Cable Modem using a good/working Ethernet cable (wired). This will isolate any possible networking device issue.
- If same issue persists, please proceed to Step 2.
- Check the computer's network status and make necessary changes if needed.
Note: Network status icon is usually found on the computer's system tray. Clicking or right-clicking on it will give us options on checking and changing the settings. Make sure that the Network Adapter is enabled and the status is Connected.
- If it shows Connected, open an Internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.) and browse popular websites (e.g. Yahoo.com, Google.com, etc.) to check if the issue is still present.
- If possible, you may also check if you will get same result when using other Internet browsers and computers.
- You may also contact SKY Broadband Support for further assistance.
These steps explain the possible causes and troubleshooting steps may help resolve slow or intermittent Internet Connection issue.
- To get accurate test results, temporarily disconnect other devices or users connected to the network. If possible, use a computer that can be connected to the cable modem using an Ethernet (Patch/Ethernet) cable.
- Restart the cable modem by disconnecting it from the power source for 10 seconds. Restart the computer or device as well.
- Once the computer is connected to the Internet, open a web-browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, etc.).
- Go to www.speedtest.net and select Metro Manila server Hosted by SKYbroadband to test your connection speed.
- If the speedtest result is normal (Example: 2.0+ Mbps for a 3Mbps Plan), try accessing websites such as www.yahoo.com or www.youtube.com and observe the connection.
- If possible, check if you will get same result when using other web-browser and computer.
- If the issue still persists, please contact SKYbroadband Support for further assistance.
- If the issue happens on a SINGLE computer in the network, you can have that device checked by a qualified computer technician.
- If the issue happens ONLY when connected through WiFi, it could be due to interference with other wireless device/s (e.g. cordless phone, microwave oven, remote controlled device, etc.) or faulty networking equipment (e.g. Router, LAN Card, etc.).