Christmas comes early as SKY brings you the much-awaited Miss Universe 2019 pageant on December 9, Monday, 8:00AM, live and in high definition from Atlanta, Georgia.
The 68th edition will bring together 92 gorgeous contestants - the most beautiful from around the world - to vie for the prestigious crown. Who will be deemed worthy to inherit the crown from our country’s pride and 4th Filipina Miss Universe titleholder, Catriona Gray? Tune in to the most exciting pageant of the year, and be there for every exceptional turn and twist and surprise on ABS-CBN and FOXLife!
Here are some interesting tidbits on the upcoming pageant:
- This year, one of the top contenders in the pageant, is our very own Gazini Christiana Jordi Acopiado Ganados. The Talisay, Cebu native, if one can remember, won Best in Long Gown and Miss Photogenic at the recent Binibining Pilipinas pageant.
- While every year’s group of hopefuls is beautiful and diverse, there tend to be countries who have performed astoundingly well every year, which include the Philippines, South Africa, and Venezuela. The Philippines won two titles of the last four pageants, while South Africa reigned in 2017. In the past 11 Miss Universe contests, Venezuela, on the other hand, has consistently topped the competition, winning 2008, 2009 and 2013.
- Delighting the hearts of the pageant aficionados, Miss Universe 2019 is also set to dazzle even brighter with more stunning gowns and national costumes from local designers like Joel Escober and the student-graduates of Slim’s Fashion School, who will be dressing up Miss Japan 2019 Ako Kamo.
- It’s been two years since the US last hosted the global pageant. This year, they take the competition to the newly minted Tyler Perry Studios. The studios is the largest film production facility in the US, covering 330 acres and showcasing 40 buildings, 12 sound stages, and 200 acres of greenspace. With the stage set, one can expect nothing grander for this year’s extravaganza!
- Steve Harvey returns in his 5th consecutive role as host. Harvey is best remembered for mistakenly announcing Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez as the winner instead of our very own Pia Wurtzbach.
You may also catch the premiere telecast on Metro Channel on December 17, 7:00PM with replays on December 18 at 8:00AM, December 20 at 9:00PM, December 22 at 8:00AM, and December 25 at 3:00PM.
WHERE TO WATCH
- SD Ch 8 | HD Ch 167 - Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan, and Lipa
- SD Ch 2 | HD Ch 700 - Cebu, Bacolod, Iloilo, Baguio, Davao, Dumaguete, GenSan
- SD Ch 48 | HD Ch 172 - Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan (digital)
- SD Ch 606 | HD Ch 74: - Bacolod, Baguio, Cebu, Davao, Dumaguete, Gensan, Iloilo
- SD Ch 39 - Balayan, Dagupan, Laoag, Lipa, Naga, Tagum, Tanauan, Urdaneta, Zamboanga
- SD Ch 37 - Bulacan (analog), Polomolok
- HD 174 | SD 52 - Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Bulacan, and Lipa
- SD 601 - Cebu, Bacolod, Iloilo, Baguio, Davao, Dumaguete, GenSan